About J Street
J Street is the political home for pro-Israel, pro-peace Americans.
J Street is the political home for pro-Israel, pro-peace Americans fighting for the future of Israel as the democratic homeland of the Jewish people. We believe that Israel’s Jewish and democratic character depend on a two-state solution, resulting in a Palestinian state living alongside Israel in peace and security.
Rooted in our commitment to Jewish and democratic values, J Street is redefining what it means to be pro-Israel in America. We are changing the U.S. political dynamics around Israel by mobilizing broad support for a two-state solution because it’s in Israel’s and America’s interest. And we are expanding support for Israel by affirming — along with many Israelis — that being pro-Israel doesn’t require supporting every policy of its government.
We have the responsibility to fix the broken politics in America around Israel. Only with your help can J Street succeed in our fight for the future of Israel as the Jewish and democratic homeland.
The J Street family of organizations is comprised of:
• J Street: a 501(c)(4) non-profit corporation and registered lobby.
• JStreetPAC: a political action committee endorsing federal candidates.
• J Street Education Fund, Inc: a legally independent 501(c)(3) non-profit.
J Street represents
• More than 180,000 online supporters, 8,000 students, and 700 National Rabbinic Cabinet Leaders.
- Had our largest conference yet, with more than 2,800 attendees
- We fought back against the smears and helped Chuck Hagel become secretary of defense
- Stood up against misguided attempts to expel the Palestinian mission to Washington, D.C.
- Brought J Street U chapters to more than 70 campuses nationwide
- Connected J Street activists in 46 local chapters.
- Had over 2,500 attendees, including 650 students, to J Street’s Third National Conference.
- Sponsored Congressional, lay leader and student delegations to Israel, the West Bank, and Jordan, meeting with top elected officials and security, intelligence, and other leaders.
- Grew our National Rabbinic Cabinet to over 700 Rabbis
- Doubled the number of J Street U chapters on campuses across the country
- Convened the third-largest gathering of American Jews in North America
- Drew over 2,000 attendees, including 500 students, to J Street’s Second National Conference.
- Sponsored Congressional, lay leader and student delegations to Israel, the West Bank, and Egypt, meeting with top government and civil society leaders.
- Launched J Street Local, our national field program, now organized in 40 cities
- Grew government affairs team to 7 people, including 5 registered lobbyists
- Doubled what JStreetPAC raised in 2008, distributing over $1,500,000.
- Endorsed 61 federal candidates from 28 states, 45 of whom won their races.
- Accounted for 30% of all pro-Israel PAC funds distributed during the election.
- Remained the single-largest pro-Israel PAC in America.
- Increased organizational budget from $1.5 Million to $3 Million.
- Launched J Street U, a student-led campus movement, now active on over 50 campuses.
- Held inaugural J Street Conference, attracting 1,500 attendees.
- Emerged as the single-largest pro-Israel PAC in the country.
- Distributed $580,000 to 41 endorsed candidates, 33 of whom won their races.