Here are a few things you can do right now to advocate for strong U.S. leadership to bring about an immediate ceasefire between Israel and Hamas.
- Sign our "Ceasefire Now!" petition to demand that the United States intervene to bring about an immediate resumption of the ceasefire between Israel and Hamas. We're already using the petition numbers in conversations with President-elect Obama's transition team and Congressional leaders. Click here to sign our petition right now.
- Read our blog for J Street's statements and responses to the Gaza crisis. Click here to go to our "Word on the Street" blog.
- Read a collection of 44 thoughtful Congressional statements about the Gaza crisis. Click here to see an index of the statements.
- Equip yourself to talk about Gaza with friends and family. We're the first to admit that it's not simple to talk with friends and family who hold a different position than you on the recent violence in Gaza. So we've taken a few minutes to develop answers to some frequently asked questions about recent events. Click here to check out our FAQ.
- Get local. Brit Tzedek v'Shalom, a partner in the pro-Israel, pro-peace movement that focuses on grassroots organizing and persuasion, has dozens of local chapters all over the country. Click here to connect with a local Brit Tzedek v'Shalom chapter near you.
- Download, print out, and put up J Street's "Ceasefire Now!" flyer in your office, dorm room, or home to show your support for pro-Israel, pro-peace, pro-ceasefire policies. Click here to download our flyer.
- Donate. Contributions of any amount will help us get our pro-Israel, pro-peace, pro-ceasefire message out effectively. Click here to make a gift to support our work.