1. We support the people and the state of Israel and their right to live in security and peace and to defend themselves against those who would harm them.
2. The future of Israel depends on achieving a two-state resolution of the conflict with the Palestinian people.
3. The resolution of the conflict requires serious and sustained US leadership.
4. Israel's supporters have not only the right but the obligation to speak out when we think the policies or actions of the Israeli government are hurting Israel's and the Jewish people's long-term interests.
5. Vibrant and respectful debate about Israel benefits the American Jewish community and Israel.
6. It is both possible and necessary to engage in a warm relationship with Israel and to remain true to the values we hold most dear as Jews and as Americans--and on which Israel was founded.
Learn more about J Street's history and organizational structure here.