Support J Street this Giving Tuesday through a Facebook Fundraiser!
GivingTuesday is a global day of generosity that will take place on December 1, 2020. Beyond direct fundraising, J Street has benefitted in past years from our leaders and activists posting peer-to-peer fundraisers, particularly on Facebook. These posts have helped us raise between $5,000 – $10,000 and given us a boost in reaching our end-of-year goals.
Posting a Facebook fundraiser is easy and this year Facebook is matching the first $7 million donated after 8am Eastern on Giving Tuesday.
How to post your fundraiser
1. You can get started at this link. You should aim to post your fundraiser on Giving Tuesday (before 8am Eastern) or 1-2 days prior.
2. Click the ‘select nonprofit’ link and search for J Street:
3. Enter a goal amount and end date. You can do a single-day fundraiser or leave it open for a few days.
4. Title your fundraiser. You can make it simple, like “Giving Tuesday Fundraiser for J Street” or do something a bit more descriptive like “Let’s secure a better future for Israelis and Palestinians.”
5. Make a pitch for why you think J Street deserves the support of your network. There is a standard pitch in there already, but the more personal you make it, the better.
6. Finally, add a cover photo for the fundraiser. The default is our Facebook cover photo, but you can choose to save and use and of these, if you prefer:
That’s it! If you have any questions, feel free to email [email protected]. Thanks so much for your support.