Jobs with J Street
New York, NY
Los Angeles, CA
J Street internships are a great opportunity to get extensive experience and learn valuable skills while contributing to a cause you believe in. J Street interns get involved on the front lines of the organization and are an important part of everything that we do.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Scroll down to view all of our internship opportunities and the method of application. If you're involved with J Street U, please make sure to let us know in your cover note.
J Street U is now accepting applications for its 2013 Congressional Internship Program on Capitol Hill. We encourage applicants to submit their materials as early as possible to aid their placement in a Congressional office. Please click here to learn more about the program, and contact Emily Koppel at info [at] jstreet [dot] org with questions.
Internships by City:
Washington, DC Internships:
- Education Fund Internship — DC — This position is a great opportunity to enhance J Street's educational offerings while honing your organizational skills. The JSEF intern will help produce resources such as our book, film and speaker lists and provide key logistical support for major events including our national conference, leadership training institutes and speaker tours.
- Communications and New Media Internship — DC — This position is well suited to those interested in strategic political communications, including traditional and new media outreach. This position is writing and research intensive. The ideal candidate will be articulate, politically savvy and detail-oriented.
- Development Internship — DC — This position will involve and assisting the Development operations staff with planning local DC events, with small-dollar fundraising strategy and analysis via J Street’s direct mail program, and with assorted administrative and clerical tasks and projects.
- Political Internship — DC — This position will involve assisting the DC Political Department staff on assorted administrative, clerical, research and programmatic tasks and projects.
- Government Affairs Internship — DC — This position will involve assisting the Government Affairs staff on assorted administrative, clerical, research and programmatic tasks and projects. Many of these duties will be in support of staff’s lobbying activities on Capitol Hill.
- Field Program Internship — DC — This position will involve participating in a range of activities to support our grassroots and field organizing nationwide. This position is ideal for applicants interested to gain experience in community organizing, data management, non-profit development, communications and political advocacy, as well as knowledge of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
New York City Internships:
- Field and Development Internship — NYC — This position is ideal for applicants interested in community organizing, non-profit development, or political advocacy, and will especially involve supporter cultivation and outreach.
- J Street U Internship — NYC — Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to assisting national staff on assorted administrative, clerical, research and programmatic tasks and projects and assistance with executing public events. The J Street U intern will especially have duties related to student programming.
San Francisco Internship:
- Field and Political Internship — SF — Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to assisting national staff on assorted administrative, clerical, research and programmatic tasks and projects. The Northern California Intern will especially have duties related to supporter outreach in the Bay Area.
- Field and Political Internship — Chicago — Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to assisting staff on assorted administrative, clerical, research and programmatic tasks and projects. The Chicago intern will especially have duties related to supporter outreach in Chicago.
- Leadership Development Internship – Boston – Primary responsibilities will include–but not be limited to–developing and updating supporter databases, researching potential new supporters, event planning for large and small events, assisting with outreach to potential new supporters, taking notes at meetings with potential new supporters, writing acknowledgements, follow-up letters, and other business communications.
Southern California Internship:
- Outreach and Advocacy Intern – Los Angeles – Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to assisting staff on assorted administrative, clerical, research and programmatic tasks and projects. The LA intern will especially have duties related to supporter outreach in LA.
How to Apply
Eligibility: All undergraduate and masters-level students as well as recent graduates are eligible to apply.
Instructions: Please send completed application materials to the Intern Coordinator via email at email@example.com. Please put the name of the internship you are applying for in the subject line of the email. General applications will not be accepted. If you are interested in applying for more than one internship, please send in separate emails for each position.
Application Process: To apply, please submit the materials below.
1) Cover Letter and Resume (make sure to indicate in your cover letter which internship you are applying for and the days and hours you are available)
2) 2-3 References (please provide both the phone and email contact information and please include a Professor or other individual familiar with your work)
3) College or University Transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
4) Optional: Writing Sample (approximately 3 pages)
March 15: mandatory deadline for Summer applications.
We continue to accept applications until all internship positions are filled:
August 30: recommended deadline for Fall applications
November 15: recommended deadline for Winter applications
December 15: recommended deadline for Spring applications
We are often able to make accommodations for internships of different lengths.
Summer: June — August
Fall: September — December
Winter: January — March
Spring: January — May