JStreetPAC was established in 2008 as the first-ever federal political action committee (PAC) to explicitly promote American leadership to resolve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
The PAC’s goal is to demonstrate the depth and breadth of political support that exists for candidates who speak out in favor of a diplomacy-first approach to advancing US interests in the Middle East and promoting peace and security for Israel.
JStreetPAC’s Finance Committee interviews candidates for federal office about their views on issues related to American policy toward Israel and the Middle East to judge whether they align with JStreetPAC’s policies (review our policies here). The JStreetPAC Board then votes on all endorsees. In deciding which candidates to endorse, the Board solely takes into account the views of candidates on issues that are of concern to the JStreetPAC.
JStreetPAC’s key principles for endorsement include:
- Support for a strong bilateral relationship between the US and Israel.
- Support for America prioritizing diplomacy toward a two-state outcome between Israel and the Palestinians.
- Support for a diplomacy-first approach to promoting Israeli and American security.
- Support for continued aid to Israel and the Palestinian Authority.
- Opposition to the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions Movement.