The candidacy and presidency of Donald Trump both fueled and was fueled by a shocking wave of open and sometimes deadly antisemitism, racism, xenophobia and other bigotry. Our values and the Jewish historical experience that informs them compels us to use our voice and power to lend further weight to those communities, organizations and leaders fighting this rising tide of hatred.
J Street is proud to have supported myriad efforts in this area, including legislation, to:
- strengthen the office of the Special Envoy to Monitor and Combat Anti-Semitism;
- overturn the administration’s anti-Muslim travel ban;
- end the horrifying practice of family separation at the border;
- increase admissions and support for refugees;
- oppose white supremacy and white nationalism;
- confront systemic racism and police violence; and
- prevent disenfranchisement of voters of color in US elections.